Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 09:01 AM
EbbTide
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4roller
Hi I all,

I just picked up a very nice TB03 from eBay. It's almost specd to a tb03R. I got a good deal on it and am really looking forward to running it alongside with my other Tamiya chassis TA05v1 and Xv-01.

From what I read, it sounds like it's possible to use a rear carbon damper stay from the tb04. Right now the chassis has a carbon Ta03 stay, but it has very wide mounting positions for the posts. I don't feel like putting another set of holes in my 3 lexan bodies since they all get swapped around between my chassis.

The question is, does the tb04 carbon damper stay fit, and secondly, is the mounting position narrower, like the rear of a ta05?

Also I was looking to replace the front spool with a gear diff. I really enjoy the fact that this car came with a spool, a front one way, and a drive shaft one way. All this racing stuff for me to exploit. But there is something about a front diff that really changes the a driving and turning characteristics.

Does anyone have the correct part numbers to piece together a gear diff from the tb04?

So far I have put together:
#51549 - diff case, bevel gears
#51554 - cup joints (steel?)
#51553 - gasket (and 850 bushings?)

Is this all I need or am I missing something?

I primarily drive my cars on the street and I love the feel and low maintenance of a high CST front gear diff. The spool just seems to scrub my wheels.

Anyway, I hope to set my car up for street TC and maybe some light street rally.
Try using this to see what you need. This is the assembly in the manual. Should be able to get P/N's with this using the parts list in the tb04 manual.