R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Big C's Prayer Room
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2017, 07:30 AM
BigC2007
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Marriage & Prayer !

I can only be real with everyone that will look at this post and will say that being a man of GOD does NOT make use perfect or will we always do or say the right things.

Marriage is WORK ! and a christian marriage is always under attack, so prayer is every important. For that that may have trouble in their marriage or need to start that spark up all over again the 1s t thing to do is taking to GOD and daily pray for your wife and the protection of your marriage. * please pray for mine*

Most of the Christian couples that I know do not pray together. I know one Christian brother who flat out refuses to pray together with his wife. He says he prays by himself, but he won't pray together with his wife. Praying with his wife makes him feel too uncomfortable, so he won't pray with her.

I hate to say it, but his views are not uncommon. Very few Christian couples actually take the time to pray together. Pollster George Barna recently reported his findings from interviews with 3,142 randomly selected adults, 1,220 of whom were born-again Christians.

Here are the results of his poll:

Of those who are non-Christian, 23% have seen their marriage go through the devastation of a divorce.

27% of those who call themselves born-again Christians have been divorced.

(That makes the divorce rate higher among Christians than non-Christians.)
Of those who label themselves “Fundamentalist Christians,” 30% have experienced a divorce.

Which do you believe?

1. Prayer important to your relationship with your spouse.
or
2. Prayer is just a formality at mealtimes.

Do you believe that prayer has any real effect on the depth of companionship within your marriage?

In reality, whatever you actually do at present in your home is the clearest revelation of what you truly believe regarding prayer. You may say that prayer is important to your relationship with your spouse, but if you are not doing it, then it is not important to you. When I talk about praying with your spouse, I'm talking about the two of you sitting down together, holding hands, and seriously praying.

You need to pray together daily if possible, in a place and time when you won't have distractions. You may be wondering just why prayer is so important to couples.

I have not met a married couple yet that did not have problems of some type. Some couples have money problems, or in-law problems, or problems with each other, or problems with their children; the list goes on and on. If we as married couples are having this many problems, why aren't we praying together about them? Matthew 18:19 shows how much power a praying couple can have: that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is heaven.

How much do you think you and your spouse could accomplish if you prayed together daily? What would happen to the amount of problems you face as a married couple if you prayed together about them daily? What kind of adults will your children grow into if the two of you prayed together for them daily? Can you see why it is so important for a couple to pray together?

When you and your spouse hold hands and pray together, you are coming before God as a couple. It is not just you praying and it is not just your spouse praying, but the two of you praying together. You are united spiritually before God as a team. You are now operating on the level that God intended for couples to operate on. You are unified, joined together as one, partners together before God. Your prayer as a couple is sweet perfume to God.