R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F1 prototype 2017
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 01:18 AM
UniRacer
Tech Initiate

Overall your design seems very well thought out. Your design is something I wanted to see for a long time. Very well done!

I love the front mono-shock design. I though its quite an innovation. It avoids the need for a front stabiliser bar and the associated linkage. I am not sure about the use of springs for roll movement, as I'm uncertain if the springs will provide adequate stiffness in roll. As long as there is a few mm of space on each side, it can be packed with spacers, washers and possibly several O-rings per side. I doubt there will be much need for a front roll-damper unit. The O-rings together with the tire's internal damping should provide adequate damping in roll. Due to the very attractive IRS setup, your chassis design will have unusually good damping in roll from the rear end of the car.

My critical comment is about the front to rear CG balance. I'd be inclined to go for a lateral mounted battery to allow the COG to be moved as far rearward as possible. I would like to get the motor closer the rear axle if it can be done.

Thanks for showing your design and all the great pics.