R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF419
Thread: Tamiya TRF419
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Juan Aveytia
Tech Master

Originally Posted by StickyFingaz
Guys, what's your opinion on the 419x... still competitive? I've been out of TC for a few years now but have always loved TRF quality, even ran for Tamiya USA for a while. I'm seeing some good deals on kits floating around everywhere, but am worried with little development this car may not be competitive in a season or two, maybe even now... such is the case with TC, development is very rapid.

If you all think objectively as a pay-for-everything privateer for a moment and not as a Tamiya fan-boy like myself, would you pull the trigger on a kit that's been in existence for over a year now? Car will be run in Mod, against the likes of EJ Evans, Lex Tyler, Ethan Erchinger, Gonzalo Cortes, Eric Albano, Clements.... the usual fast NorCal suspects. It's silly... but part of my leaning towards the 419x is I still have a lot of old parts and gear from the 416/417/418s I ran in the past that I don't know what to do with.

I appreciate all of your guys' insights!

Martin M.
EJ's Top Saber is 3 years old. The 419x is a great car that most of us just don't have the skill set no matter what chassis were using to drive against the best around