R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC F1
Thread: CRC F1
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 07:05 AM
RollingChicane2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serzoni
Basically, you need to replace the rearmost screw in the socket for the lower arm ball with some kind of post to stop the steering block from turning too far inward. You can use a longer screw with spacers on it, or a screw coming from the bottom of the arm with a standoff on it. There's all kinds of variations that work. Team Saxo (who makes the plastics for the CRC front end) actually made hopup posts for their car that accomplishes this, but there's no Saxo dealer in the US to my knowledge, and $30 shipping for a $4 part is crazy. I'm surprised that CRC hasn't brought these over or made some of their own. Every CRC owner at our track has had the same issue at some point.

Team Saxo steering stops

Here's how I fixed mine. I used some hex-head M3 bolts that fit pefectly into the nut recess in the lower side of the socket, then I screw on some posts that I had 3d printed from the top. You could use regular standoffs that are threaded for 3mm in the same place.

I have ordered up a box of these 3mm hex head screws. The box count is 50 pcs so I have plenty extra if someone out there needs any. Shoot me a PM and I'll send them to you, no charge as long as a simple stamp will work for shipping.

I will use this as my initial step, along with the hub modifications RobK suggested and hopefully eliminate the issue.

However, if there are others out there that want to combine buying and divide the shipping cost for the Team Saxo part, let me know. I checked on their website and if we get 5-6 of us, it would drop the shipping to about $5 each. I'd be happy to buy the parts from overseas and then then send them out to anyone interested upon receipt of payment for the part cost and your portion of shipping.

If I get enough to take me up on the offer, great. If not, I'll stick with the 3mm Hex bolt mod and be happy.

LMK...