R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trukz Calgary - 1/10 Scale Off road Racing
Old 06-15-2017, 07:02 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey

Nice to hear from you. We do run a 2wd SCT class at our track. Check out our website at Home - TRUKZ RC Raceway for the class information and location. We usually race Saturdays at 11:00am, but are currently rebuilding our track. Keep looking here for updates on our next race.

You are welcome to bring your modified 4wd SCT to the track to see if we can fit it into a class, but if we are unable to find a suitable class for your truck to run in (we don't offer 4wd SCT at the moment) we can lend you one of our demo trukz so you can race.

We are a 1/10 scale track that is pretty easy on parts. We provide pit space, tables, and power at the track. You just need to bring you truck, radio gear, charger, 1-2 batteries and a chair and you will be good to go.

I think we are pulling out about 900 Mah during a qualifier and we run 3 quals and a main on a day. Maybe some of the other SCT guys guy chime in on how much battery they are pulling out per qualifier.

We run the ilaps transponder system, but have loaners available. We also sell them at the track for a reasonable cost.

Please keep your eyes posted hers for updates and ask any other questions you may have. Also search for "Trukz" on facebook to join our page and group on there.

Thanks

Aaron

Originally Posted by Feltslasher
Hey ppl. Im curious about the sct racing. I have a slash 4x4 hcg modified

I bought mine an joined the red deer club when i first started. I knew nothing. Still dont. But in a hurry i learned their course is more less a truggy course. Had a huge triple that was hard on parts.
I basically parked my truck for 3years. Finally got playing with it again an the fun is new to me again. Id really like to bring it to the track. Run it against some other to test my skill an learn some tips for local pro's

What should i bring to the track? How many batteries? What size are best for racing? I do have a transponder (my laps) still in its package. When is the best time to go to get the most outa making the teip?