R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2017/2018 WCICS Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 01:29 PM
IronRing Racing
Tech Master

Look back over the last 8 years and you'll see my vision for WCICS has always been "built a good series and people will want to come". It's never been to try to force anyone to travel. You don't have to look far to find examples of how that's a recipe for failure.

While the balance isn't ideal now, I can't magically create another club in Alberta or Saskatchewan; so it is what it is in Western Canada. Cam, I wish I could snap my fingers and change it, but I can't, and trying to force something on the racers isn't the answer. We're very lucky to have so many great clubs in WCICS, and Kelowna and Earl are amazing, we're so happy they want to join our little series!

As Blake said, we discussed it at length at the AGM, and in the end everyone believes in the WCICS vision of continuously improving the series so racers want to (not forced to) come and enjoy the racing!

Ask anyone what a race looked like 7yrs ago compared to today, we've come a long way, and I hope everyone is honestly proud of what we've all (clubs, volunteers, racers) worked hard to accomplish!

And yeah, a whole 12 hours, lol.

Josh