R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ON ROAD RACING UNITE
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 09:55 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Chris - I think this is a great suggestion. From strictly a racer's standpoint, the landscape has become very confusing to say the least. We now have the suggestions of 2 new racing series, with two different sets of rules and yet no indication on the direction or what's happening to FSEARA. Is it being abandoned?

On the surface, I question the future success of either of the two new start-ups. Last weekend's FSEARA race only had 4 heats and no entries for 13.5. So, I think it's fairly obvious that if FSEARA continues to struggle, which it will, then I have a hard time believing either of the two new proposals will be exempt from experiencing the exact same problem(s).

If the track owners are going to be the governing bodies of what racing goes on in this state, then hopefully those that you have called upon to meet for the sake of the racer will heed the call.

Gone is the day that the FSEARA organization dictated who got races. When I first started, Bob Hall was the director and he provided a pretty stern leadership model. Tracks had to almost compete to get on the series schedule. The tracks REALLY promoted the series event. Flyers were made, attempts were made on a local level to get the word out. NEWS FLASH - social media certainly hasn't proved to be a legitimate replacement for grassroots promoting and hard work. The "build it, they will come" philosophy is now being disproven on a monthly basis.

Chris - I commend you personally on what you have built, and the fact that you're willing to work directly with some of those who have criticized you the most. For it us, the everyday guy looking to race against the best who has lost out due the division and other factors. Cooperation and creativity is what we need.

Last edited by ASM; 05-02-2017 at 12:26 PM.