R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray X1 - Formula One Car
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 06:41 AM
chensleyrc1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sgp-chris
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding the tweak of this chassis. I have now read all 139 something pages of this thread, and have found small posts here and there regarding tweak which impacts left/right ride height in the middle position. But I have yet to find a post which explains in detail what the issue is.

My hope is that some of you kind Xray guys, will take the time, and help me to understand what my problem is, where it's coming from, and how I can fix it.

I have tried to loosen all screws in the top and bottom of the front end, and tighten them again. This does not help.

I have about 0,4-0,6 difference L/R in ride height in the middle position. I would really like to have that as close to zero as possible.

The front springs are brand new, I have just changed them because i thought one had collapsed maybe. This is not the case.

I hope you can help me out Any help will be much appreciated!

Br.
Chris
Chassis will never be perfectly flat because of tweak balancing and rubber tires and insert inconsistency's. At least that is my experience. I have rotated tires and the offset chassis followed. Plus, I have had it perfect flat then adjusted tweak for balance and it was off again.