R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Crew Chief Software
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 06:34 AM
roosterreagan
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Unfourtunately rubber tire TC's have proven flex to be an integral, and in some cases essential to a well performing car. If you look at many of the changes the top cars are making these days they revolve around flex. I can say that running 4 screws vs 6 in the rear part of the top deck of my T3 yeilds a different change than what can be achieved with a spring, link or droop change.
This whole idea has bothered me since day 1 of learning about rc racing. Millions, perhaps billions, of dollars is spent in the search for torsional rigidity, both on track and the street. I've asked high level rc drivers why do we purposely "add" or account for chassis flex? They don't know, like a lot of other things in rc they "just do it, it's how it's been forever". My opinion is its lazy. Something kind of works for someone so that's it, no discussion just follow everyone else, cuz that's how it is. Period. Bull, make the chassis stiff, and tune your suspension, why else have all this great suspension technology? Why not just make it a 1/10 pan car if you're going to negate a complicated and infinitely adjustable chassis system?! I feel similar regarding gluing the outer sidewall of tires to "cure" traction roll but that's another discussion. Just my 2 cents. Btw, thanks Bob for all your hard work, your program has been the funnest (most fun) thing I've purchased related to rc cars in a while.

Last edited by roosterreagan; 04-26-2017 at 09:50 AM.