R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WRC Racing F-One
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 04:28 AM
jpx
Tech Adept

First of all:
Thanks for all your answers!!!

Originally Posted by disaster999
What happens when you try to apply more than 60% throttle? If the car starts wondering and very touchy to drive, esp down the straight, change the ackerman angle so they are more straight rather than angled. I had the same problem as first, but changing the ackerman instantly calmed down the car.
The wheels simply start to spin as there just seems too much power. Thats why I reduced the max throttle.
How can I get more ackerman? I'm allready using the rear holes on the bellcrank. Using the front ones would reduce ackerman and set the steering links more angled. (see picture below)

The stock rear tires provide very little grip on asphalt surface and recommend you use something else. The stock center spring is very short and not suited for this kit IMO. I switched to an Xray 2.8 long body shock spring and that helped handling as well.
Still waiting for the new Ride GR tyres as we have to use them for our club races. I will have to deal with those then.
I changed to an RSD spring which is for long TC dampers and a little softer than the kit red spring compared by pressing both between two fingers. You can also see it on one of the pictures below.

What damper grease are you using? did you put any shims under the rear pod to increase its pivot range? what are your ride heights?
On the centre shock I'm using 30wt Associated oil (350cst).
On the side damper I'm using 10.000cst (Associated Diff oil) with 2 o-rings installed.
Where should I put shims - under the rear pod? How many mm?
I just put 2mm shims under the pivot linkage (see blue shims in the picture below)
Ride hights are: front 4.8mm and rear 5.0mm
Track is quite bumpy in some parts, thats why I also increased uptravel in the rear to allmost 2mm and in the front to about 1.5mm

Any more suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1226.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	1422124   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1225.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	1422125