R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Radical idea & concept for TC racing?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 11:21 AM
scirocco14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
Seems to be simple easy to understand concept, but I doubt that it will work. I experimented a lot with tc's of different weight. Beeing lighter 100gr will be worth nothing under highgrip conditions. Also the rubber has to be the right one.

Then again the driver of the strong class need to find space for around 250 or more grams of weight in his chassis. I don't think the driver would want this.

I am sorry for beeing so negative. A defined gearing ratio for each class seems to be easier and more naturally. Just make the stronger class a little slower on the straight to compensate for the stronger acceleration out of the corner.
My thought on the weights are this: the older cars & chassis might be more inclined to run a 17.5 motor at the higher weight, and the newer cars more inclined to run the 25.5 at the lowest weight.

And I have indeed found for myself that a 100g reduction is indeed worth something, even on a high grip track. And the extra weight would eventually show up in the tires going away as the race went along.

No apologies necessary, I'm just trying to think "outside the box".

Mark