R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Gizmo GZ1 -
Thread: Gizmo GZ1 -
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 12:30 AM
Berrystrong
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by AndreasHerold
Hi,

after my first couple of minutes of driving with the car (2016 model) I had issues with the rear diff. The rear belt was oilyl as well as the rear pulley. From disassembling the diff it seems that the oil came through the very thin black sealing, not through the screw holes. Has anyone experienced similar issues and has a solution? Screws were tight and sealings don't seem to be damaged.

Also: How do you clean a belt and a pulley from oil? I tried an airgun but the oil (3000 from kit) sticks to the parts pretty good.

Thanks!

Andy
First time I built mine there were no leaks. Second time I built for a fluid change it leaked like yours. I tore it down and put all new seals and new paper gasket greased everything with green slime and no more leaks. I also tightened diff screws little at a time x-pattern to evenly tighten. Don't over due on tightening the diff screws you could distort the black o-ring. On cleaning, I used motor spray on the belt then wiped off with shop towel. Pulley I used cleaning gum, tooth brush, and motor spray. All good now.