R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 2016
Thread: Xray T4 2016
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 03:38 AM
R Dodge
Suspended

Originally Posted by IJsbier
I have found some improvement by removing a screw on the bottom of the car (from the motor mount). This should give the car a bit more flex I believe.
On the bulkheads (for the spur) I also don't have any screws, can I remove more from the upperdeck? This to get more flex. I did also remove the alu stand already.

I also read something on raising the top deck with 1mm spacers. This should also give more flex. Is this correct? you would have to place 12 spacers? Or 8 as I don't have screws on the spur bulkheads.
Yep, removing screws from the motor mount makes the chassis flex more at the rear. The effect will vary based on the rest of your setup, your track conditions and the tire you are using, but generally for me more rear flex = less stability.

Yes, you can raise the topdeck with 1mm spacers. This will increase overall flex and since you are now lifting the topdeck off of the center bulkheads, will be more noticeable at the rear and make it more consistent too. In my experience on carpet, this makes the car react a little slower to steering input and direction change, but it will generate more traction in the middle of the corner. Since you are only running the 8 screws, you would just need 8 shims.