R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2002, 02:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I just ordered a new FT TC3 and will be picking it up this Thursday. I was looking for a good starting point for stock racing with foams on asphalt. It is a indoor track with good traction plus we can use traction compound so getting grip is normally not a problem. I never had a TC3 before but had various other ones. I have had a Yoke MR4TC, HPI Pro 2, Axis 1 and 2, FSR Bullet, and the Tamiya EVO2 plus more. Finally decided to run the TC3 as all the others were really pretty good for me. Just decided that the TC3 is very easy for me to get parts for.

I was thinking like 60wt front with copper springs #2 piston and for the rear like 50wt with red springs and #2 piston with all other settings in the stock position. Would this be a decent starting spot? Also what 64 pitch spur do most use for stock with the TC3? I will be running a P2K2 and I a normal roll out for our track in stock is around 27.50mm to 28.50mm with 60mm Jaco purple foams front and rear.

Most cars I have run I ran 60 to 70 wt oil but as I have been looking at alot of other TC3 setups it seems most run heavier springs in the front and about one softer weight in the rear and about 10 wt softer oil in the rear. Does this car car have alot of natural steering or lack of. From my impression and the track I race at that when I went to stiffer springs on any end of the car it produced more overall traction. If I wanted more steering I went up to one stiffer spring.

Thanks
Brian