R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya FF03
Thread: Tamiya FF03
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 09:38 AM
wtcc
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This car build is on the finish straight.

Today I found time to implement the front anti-roll-bar. In the planning stage it was quite frustrating. There are so many things to check and think about to prevent collision with other parts. I found a good space and it worked with the angles of the anti-roll-bar-wire. It was inevitable to build another small carbon plate as base for the K-part. In fact I had two ideas on my mind for this base and decided for the more easy to dremel one (yes all small carbon parts are handmade, only chassis and topdeck were milled, not by me). Unfortunately everything assembled was one millimeter to high and collided with the servo arm I had no choice but to build the base from my second idea which is also a replacement for the servo mount plate.

Building carbon parts by hand is always a little gamble as it is not easy at all to precisely drill the holes. But I was lucky here and hit the marks well. While I was wearing all protection gear I copied two Tamiya tuning parts that replace the upper bumper brace. That mod really looks good