R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help wandering steering belt car.
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 02:58 AM
niznai
Tech Elite

My money sez you have unequal toe on the front (possibly on the back as well, TRF cars have had this problem confirmed by many of us in the threads here). That and unequal play means your wheels are not pointing in the same direction on power and off power. I would say if you run a test on a flat surface on and off power you will notice the car changes direction when you back off the throttle.

Difficult to pinpoint without a set up board and even more difficult to correct.

Not to say other things can't contribute, but none of those explains the symptom more readily. Ultimately you can end up (adjusting things without a setup board) to a car that is driving sideways (crabbing). That is the best proof you have unequal toe.

Seized bearings are the closest problem that would create such a symptom and with the same sort of "reliability", but in that case, the car drifts to the same side on or off power, forward or reverse. This is not the case with your car if i udnerstand your description of the symptoms correctly.

Last edited by niznai; 03-07-2017 at 03:14 AM.