R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 07:48 AM
007yoshi
Tech Regular

Finally put the S2 together and am pretty upset.

The car went together great and is a really solid kit, BUT why are there 4 button screws (m3x6) missing (no I don't just lose screws or any parts really), and why are both front body posts missing? Last, 2 of the 4 wheel locknuts have no plastic locking ring inside it... really?

I go to check all internet shops and every single one is sold out on the body posts. Spec-R hasnt responded. So I have to pay 4-6$ for screws and 8$ for body posts on top of the price for the kit. Now I have to find out how to deal with the locknut issue. Excellent...

At least I found a few pleasant surprises with red turnbuckles instead of black, red layshaft instead of black, and pre-assembled CVAs which were all apparently not supposed to be supplied in this kit

SIDE QUESTION, how best to fix a slightly non-centered spur gear? Would just tightening the screws on certain parts be good enough or is it possible due to a non-straight spur gear? Having fits with it getting to spin true, so far just fiddling with loosening or tightening the screws on it