R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Top 25 Onroad Racers in the U.S.(Canada too)
Old 03-03-2017, 10:27 AM
esckalayd
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is this across nitro (1/10th & 1/8th) & all electric classes?

To be considered "the best" I would think you need to be dominate in all categories. Very few guys on this list can say that outside of former world champ Ralph Burch, multiple national titles (across nitro and electric) Paul Lemieux. While JJ Wang, Tosolini, DJ Apolaro, and Scotty Grey fall in the category of give them anything with 4 wheels and a motor and they will compete with the best in the world (and yes beat all of us ).

Sure, you have guys who are dominate in their own categories like electric stock, 1/12th scale, and nitro, but I don't think being the best electric stock driver in the US has any weight on someone listed above, who on any given day will come out and win at a national level across any on road category.

I think there is an extra respect for guys like Cavalieri who can compete at a national and world level outside of just on road as well.

Ayrton Senna said, “I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitation, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me”. If you are a one trick pony, you can’t be put on this list no matter how many time you were on the podium in 17.5 electric stock at snowbirds or the nationals if you never gone outside of your comfort zone to test your limits to see if you can compete with the best in mod touring or 1/8th scale nitro.

Just my 2 cents