R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC F1
Thread: CRC F1
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 09:43 PM
TT_Vert
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Anyone have any suspension dynamics to explain this? I would think the more flat the shock is the softer it would be. So by more on power traction i assume you mean rear traction? If so can we agree this is due to more weight transfer on acceleration? I would assume this effect would diminish after the weight was fully transferred. Anyone care to chime in?

Dave
Anyone?

Also, any suggestions to get both on power and off power steering? It seems low speed steering is great and responsive at a constant speed but turn in is horrible as well as turning on a high speed sweeper. I've at ~4.2mm front 4.6mm rear, .45 springs front, stock shock/spring/oil with the shock at the second hole from the front (Helped steering some) and front stock hole in the back. .45 springs just touching at ride height (Tried 1 turn in and one out w/o any real change in the push) Droop is about 1.8mm measured at the front of the link ball mount. Currently at 2deg negative camber and 2 degrees toe out. increased from 1.5 on each and it helped slightly. Sidewall is glued up to about 1 mm from the seam. Tires are TCS 571/572, full compound rear and inside 1/2 front. Any more and it traction rolls. Any suggestions would be helpful as I'm really having to fight to get it to rotate. Using brake does help it rotate but isn't a consistent way to do it. I also played w/ drag brake but the Justock (even at 40) didn't seem to provide much brake. This is a 25.5 class for us if that matters.

Thanks much,

Dave