R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

The M06 definitely requires concentration. You have to focus and drive consistently the whole time.

I've been practicing for TCS using the Tamiya spec tyres and last night was very fruitful.

The only change I made to setting was ride height, since they are taller than the Shimizu

Type A slicks in front and S grips in rear with firm insert. Prior to running I would clean the tyres and put sxt on rears only. (Traction is very high at track)

I turned dual rate down to 65 to avoid traction roll on hair pin.

That was it.. Car was super consistent, had multiple lap times in the low 18s. I did noticed the car diffing out a little bit out of hairpin.. So I ended up tightening the ball diff even more!

One thing I noticed was that I'm not able to lower the front ride height bellow 5 mm with the TCS tyres. For asphalt that's probably fine but carpet you can go down to 4 mm. I use the TC collar adjusters that have the o ring in them, so that is probably the reason.

The other solution would be to use the 54361 carbon towers, which are designed for TC length dampers.

Anyhow in pretty excited about the car.. Hopefully work will not get in the way of the TCS race on April 22nd.