R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 11:49 AM
ruebiracer
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Raman
There is a ar$chloch at our track that has a habit of hitting people. He has hit my M06 4 times now. I let him know my opinion this week.

Anyhow, when he hit me, he broke my rear rims with the PS 30. I suspended them in my acetone contraption to debond the glue. It's a messy process because the Tamiya abs rims melt like butter from the fumes.. But you get to salvage the tyres and the insert.

Once I cleaned the abs butter off the tyres lol.. I pulled out the inserts and put sxt tyre conditioner all over the tyres to replace the oils lost by acetone.

I then inspected the inserts and realised one of them was inside out! Lol. I had installed it that way! I still don't know how, I would have never flipped it .. So it must have been that way in the package.

It's good to know that it didn't effect handling very much.. Or maybe that was the trick lol
Oh no Raman, the same guy again?
Hit you in the training with a touring car?
Maybe you should keep the "butter rests" from your wheel and donate it to his car...

But interesting technique you do for rescuing the tire. Didnīt know, that there is some Tire conditioner existing to bring the oils back in the rubber.
Could be good for TC tires too, that are older and hardened out a little or cleaned with brake cleaner too often?

Anyway, maybe itīs better to leave the driver stand, when he is joining the track...
Better for the Alfa!

Br,
Matthias