R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:48 AM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Ah, I recall why I eliminated the flux now... apparently it's discontinued:
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/101403

It also uses larger 14mm hexes and larger 3.2" wheels which are too far outside of ROAR spec, that alone would raise the center of gravity and I wasn't prepared to look for compatible 12mm hexes and standard 1/10 ST wheels to get them to fit.

Other turn offs include phillips hardware, e-clips all over the place and questionable parts support.

It's worth nothing that HPI once distributed HoBao a couple years ago, right before HPI went bankrupt... they have since been bought out by a company called RipMax and there was a bit of drama over RipMax acting slow to settle terms with SOAR who used to be the OEM for HPI. SOAR now distributes their own cars focusing mostly on 1/8 presently. The HPI we see today is definitely not the same company that it once was. Even Hot Bodies was split off and got bought out by another company. I'm personally going to wait and see what RipMax does over the next couple of years... will they come up with new designs or simply try to cash out on someone else's name brand that is already somewhat tarnished?

In the mean time I chose to go with a very trusted and reputable brand like HoBao... and no, I'm not sponsored nor do I get any kickback from HoBao to say that, I recently bought the car with my own money through Tower