R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 08:03 AM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

TC3 roll center adjustments...

Even on stock TC3, it is possible to make additional roll-center adjustments by either putting shims between the a-arm mounts and the chassis and/or putting shims between the shock tower and the transmission case.

On the a-arm, you just have to make sure to use shims that will fit inside the front/rear bumper holes. The blue aluminum Associated shims for the newer cars will work just fine for this. I've only ever used 1 shim in this area so it would still allow the a-arm mount to fit at least partially into the front/rear bumper.

As far as shimming/raising up the shock towers so you change the camber link angles, this will also affect the shocks. I've only used a small shim in this location and also made sure to use a longer screw to hold down the shock tower. Make sure to not use too long of a screw to hold down the shock tower because it can interfere with the diffs.

----------

There were some aftermarket companies that made shock towers for the TC3 that had more shock mounting locations but I don't recall any that had different camber link locations.

The simplest option to get more camber link adjustment on a TC3 is to replace the stock chassis braces with TC4 chassis braces. The TC4 braces have 4 different locations for the inner camber link mount and you can use taller ball studs and/or shim the studs for a lot more adjustability.

At the same time you can also change to TC4 shock towers, which also have 4 different mounting locations.

Some people have referred to these changes as TC3.5.

Hope this info helps.