R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22-4 2.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Phillip F
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMessy
Just want to provide some info regarding running the rear shocks forward of the arms. I had been using the angled AE ball cups on the inside ball stud. There was almost no rub on the spring but during practice one day I broke one of the AE ballcups and didn't really want to pay for a whole package just for the 1 angled ball cup and have a bunch of useless straight ones. I installed the Exotek ball stud mount and used a 2mm washer instead of the included 1mm washer. I also switched to an 8mm ballstud. I now have no clearance issues with the shock spring using the D hole on the hub.

I believe the Exotek mount is a better option than the 22-4 1.0 mount which is also a horizontal mount because it has the lower row of holes which seems to put the height the same as the 2.0 vertical mount.

I should also note I'm running 3mm fwd, 3mm rear hub spacing and have the top shock mounts spaced out 2mm.

This combination allows me to run the shocks forward with my usual setup without compromise to avoid shock spring rubbing.

If anyone is interested the Exotek ball stud mounts are available on their website under the clearance section for $9.95, only a few bucks more than a bag of AE B6 ballcups.
Part number? How about a picture of your rear shock location conversion?