R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DEST210R thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 06:45 PM
Alan_r
Tech Addict

The story of my quest to run Durango this season gets even more funny as time goes on....

So last night I'm scrambling to get all my race tires that I had shipped over night mounted and balanced. Get the last of the bodies cut out and painted. Get the shock oils and diff oils changed. I also rebuilt the diffs. Basically freshen everything to undo the wear and tear from practice. All spares loaded. All in all, at 230am everything that's going to be is ready to go. It's been a long and expensive road to switch over all my gear to a new brand. I don't know how the sponsored guys do this every year...anyway, went to bed feeling good about the debut.

So my alarm goes off at 730 and it was then I realized the RC god's were not on my side. 104° fever.... I've got the damn flu. FML.

So I guess once I get better I've got a few more weeks to work on these new cars. The bright side is that the majority of worthwhile outdoor races in my local only start to pick up in the spring. But it would have been nice to get started at the local track today.

Someday I'll get to pilot a Durango against other cars.... Someday. Lol