R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas 4 Tec 2.0
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 11:38 PM
OSherman
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Did you know that Protoform already released their version of the Ford GT for pan cars that is pretty realistic. They are supposed to be working on a version of that body for touring cars also.

There are also several versions of existing 1.10 touring cars that can use many of the very low slung bodies that mainly only work on pan cars (Several Tamiya chassis/Awesomatix).
I'm well aware of who makes what currently.. Still waiting for Protoform version for the 1/10 sedan.. The pancar version looks awesome.. Dale/Eric even said it themselves that the sedan version would be 'compromised' in looks for that version because of the unique features, but they had a couple ideas to make the compromise minimal.. (Traxxas found a way, with little to no compromise, granted they have the power to develop a car to make it possible)

my point still stands, they brought something (a design concept) to the table that could fairly easily be adapted (another hop-up opportunity for all the Mfgs, and one thing they really know in recent years are hop-ups) by the rest of the touring car world.. Did anyone else notice Traxxas applied SuperShort Dampers and Shocktowers (like the latest trend with the 'race' touring cars) to help make it possible.. Traxxas simply took it to next level if you ask me.. $0.02