R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Improving Onroad Club Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 05:57 PM
gigaplex
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
I think the rule setters need to step back and let the classes run as they are, over here there were some proposals to impliment control motors in 21.5 and 13.5 blinky TC which got a fair few noses out of joint, the proposals were voted down by the clubs but as the 21.5 proposal was only 'just' defeated there is chatter that it will resurface, and the feeling I have is that it will continue to do so until they push it through. I know from people I race with it's discouraged people from 21.5, 2 years ago we were at 10-15 cars at a major event for the class, now we're down to maybe 7 or 8 at best and for some the reason is these continually changing rules. Having tested the proposed control motors, dyno'd them against the usual motors we'd run, it'd make for a very depressing race. Lap times were 4-5 seconds a lap slower and with the enforced FDR the motor got hot as it was at max rpm 10 metres into a 200-300m straight.
<snip>
What were the proposed control motors? I thought the proposal just stated that there would be a control motor, they didn't get as far as specifying a particular motor. And what track has a 200-300m straight? I believe your local track (WCMRC) has a ~60m front straight and ~40m back straight according to the website.

Also, that proposal was only for AARCMCC events, not club racing which this thread is discussing. I don't think they considered (at least publicly) what impact it would have on club racing.