R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Callaway
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjdoyle
TOTALLY AGREE!! I would also add they timing of the 3.0 was just bad nothing they could control. Who knew the laydowns were about to change the scene again. Im still running a stand up car and it is good enough for my skill! Still think its is one of the best kits on the market. I honestly think most average people would be fine with a stand up car but the laydown stuff is like crack right now.
Yes, I think the majority of us out there at the club level really can't capitalize on laydown and may actually be better off with the stand up. The only situation where us average drivers get huge benefit from laydown is on carpet with pin tires. And the original 3.0 laydown is probably even better than other brands because the transmission height and hubs were altered to maintain correct suspension geometry at low ride height. (That being said, there are some fast Xrays at my local carpet track, but what do you expect?)

That being said, the regular podium finishers would still podium with a stand up. In fact, some of them do run B5m or RB6... even with stand up and some with 4 gear! Yeah, they'd be a bit faster with a proper carpet buggy, but consistent driving is worth more.