R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - My B6 first impressions
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 09:20 PM
LiL CeeZ
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Talking My B6 first impressions

Just picked up the 6D (I bought the lay down conversion as well) 2 days before race day. Got it all together with time to spare and ran a few practice sessions before racing started. Was worried that it wasn't going to steer like my Ymax but amazingly it had a bit more steering. I used Spencer Rivkins set up for high bite clay and it worked like a charm. The car handled like a dream. I TQ'd Beginner (aka Sportsman) stock buggy and what was even more impressive to me was my lap times only being about a tenth and a half different for my five lap intervals. The car was just super easy to stay consistent with and I could put it wherever I wanted to on the track.

I wanted to drop my ride height a little more then what it was (24mm) but I was pretty much all the way adjusted in the back. I was worried about traction rolling through some of our faster turns but the car ate them all up and was never in danger of rolling. We also have a 6 pack rhythm section. The first jump lip to landing is 8' apart and the last 2 sets are both 10' apart. In my Yokomo I had to scrub the first jump and hit the landing just right to get set up for the 2nd set and scrub the 2nd set as well to be able to make the 3rd. With the B6 I didn't have to worry so much about being perfect on the throttle and brake and could focus more on my line as it made it through the rhythm section time after time without a hiccup.

I can say truthfully that I only crashed once in the first race and once in the main and my lap times were so consistent because of this car. Can't be any happier then I am right now with how the car feels right out of the box. Only hop ups I am running is Schelle hubs, the 10gram brass C block, the lay down trans, gull wing front shock tower, gull wing arms and Schelle ceramic bearings for the trans. Car is powered with a Trinity 24k and its dragging fools down the straights and out of turns.

This car is absolutely amazing for my driving style and suits our high bite track to a T. The next day after racing went back for some more practice and turned 5 laps in the 16's with my best being a 16.3 which is slightly lower then what expert is averaging at 16.5-16.7. Most of my laps are still around high 17's to low 18's but it's getting better and again the consistency is more of what I'm looking for cuz the speed will come.

Only problem with my protector is these fools arent' gonna wanna flip it back over Lmfao

Last edited by LiL CeeZ; 01-23-2017 at 09:50 PM.