R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Recommended Servos in TC/USGT cars
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 05:25 PM
djgrom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
People get used to running whatever speed servo is in their car. Just watch someone who is used to running a slow servo borrow someone's car with a fast servo - lots of turning in too early.

I've also seen the opposite. Inexperienced people running too fast of a servo with a radio without any servo speed or expo adjustments. Their car always looks out of control as they struggle to catch up to how fast their car reacts.

Like many threads like this, there will be plenty of responses from people with a favorite brand. Please make sure to include what the application you are using your servo (car/class/transmitter) to keep the response in context.
I think this brings up a really good point for some of us more novice people. If we want to slow down the servo say from .07 to .10 is it more effect to adjust the dual rate on the controller, or the speed from the controller? I have been using a 3pl and am upgrading to a 4PLS which states in it's features dual rate on the channels or the actual steering/throttle speed. Right now the 3PLS I use only has steering dual rate. I have always wondered if I have misinterpreted these things.