R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Pan American Int’l GT Grand Prix, Jan 13-15
Old 01-17-2017, 03:25 AM
Doug M
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chaderick
Just got back from the 2017 Pan American race! Although I didn't finish as good as I would have liked I have to say the competition level at this race was awesome. I haven't been to a race that had the level of fast racers as this years 2017 race. Don't be fooled with the Pro entry list as several of the Sportsman drivers should have entered in the Pro class. My two cents is Sportsman should be reserved for entry level to average drivers. One of the Sportsman drivers would have qualified for the A-Main in Pro and 2-3 others would have been in the top portion of the B-Main in the Pro class based on their qualifying times. Maybe Sportsman class isn't the same as I remember it to be.

Special thank to Marcelo P for pitting me in the mains last minute. It was nice meeting you and your son.

It was nice seeing several drivers that came from across the country and other country's for this race. I look forward to racing and hanging out with you again real soon.

Thanks to Desoto Sr and Serpent for you support at this race and congratulations to the victory!! We observed Desoto Sr working endlessly on his son's car all weekend while also helping us out. It paid off at the end obviously! Great driving by Desoto Jr is also much deserved! I'm looking forward to next years race!!
Thanks for the kind words and suggestions. We really enjoyed having you and all of your Texas friends racing with us. Thanks for helping other racers as well. You guys are first class and we hope to see all of you again!