R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 03:55 PM
crowie03@gmail.
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My beast! Easy build. Awesome quality

Yeah they are definitely lighter than 1/8 buggies.
We will suggest we all be running 2s and no limitation on motor. Also no 1/8 size wheels which I currently run. The thing is a hoot to drive on 1/8 wheels!

Do you know if any other non sct bodies fit the sct410?

Originally Posted by Cain
The big thing I see is that the 4x4 SCT is basically a light 1/8 buggy. So you need to keep that in mind relative to say landing carpet, etc. if it could damage the track. I don't know about astro though if its a concern at all.

To be honest if you guys are starting a 4x4 SCT class, my suggestion would be look into a common Kv rating you guys can agree on that can limit the amount of wear on tires you see. You may find that having a Kv rating that fits well as almost a spec speed could bring more people into the class.

We out here actually have guys, myself included, that start our kids on 4x4 SCTs do to the fact they can take a beating. We end up limiting the motor power basically via EPA and let them go at it. When I see that, it makes me wonder if 4x4 SCT could benefit from say a true spec motor. like say a 2200kv tp 2400kv motor or so on 2S.

Last edited by crowie03@gmail.; 01-16-2017 at 06:40 PM.