R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC EB48.4 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 02:12 PM
latentspeed
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vwduud
If you're an inquisitive type, have some recollection of geometry and trigonometry, Google "Ackermann and Slip Angle". Or "Pro and Anti Ackermann". There are plenty of video explanations about the effects of changing the inside and outside tire angles and how this effects steering throughout the entire process of making a turn. You may have to sift through a few different explanations to get one that has a nice blend of technical jargon, without over explaining, based on your knowledge level of geometry and trigonometry. Yet, once you get a basic understanding of what slip angle does and how altering the Ackermann affects that, you can better appreciate how the changes in the .4 are affecting the steering, not reducing it to numb the car.

Tekno did the hard work in figuring this out and redesigning the Ackermann plate and Bell Cranks to change the inner and outer wheel angles. To fully understand it, you have to take in more than just servo speed and end point adjustments.
I made it clear earlier that I wasn't talking about wheels turning less. That's why I said if that's all I wanted I'd just add washers or turn steering down with the radio, endpoint adjustment.

Before that I mentioned changing out a defective servo on my .3 and was surprised to have different handling around corners, not just servo response. There is a difference between responsive and aggressive, and shared my experience after swapping out servos.

As for my question about steering on the new .4 Mr Armeni answered them. Although Bornhorst is not using the fastest servo mks has to offer in this class. Mks is super responsive.