R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 09:21 PM
Frank Root
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
I'm writing from the CRCRC MidWinter Championship, where Dakotah Phend starts the triple A mains from pole position. Dakotah is using our X Factory Infinity rear tower brace which moves the rear shocks to the front of the arms. Dakotah says this helps the car corner better, smoother, and helps jump better too. We'll have an interview with him on our site soon.

Phend is also using our CF front shock tower.

We also understand Frank Root will be using these parts at the Reedy Race.
Dakotah did use the X-Factory Rear Tower Brace to move the shocks to the front of the arm, and I have started to use it as well. More than anything, landing seems to be improved, as well as some corner speed improvement. Quite a bit of the team is starting to use this part as well, I'd recommend giving it a try if you're looking for a little extra performance.

Originally Posted by ChrisUU
Is there any word on the release date of the new gear diff that I hear people talking about. I'm wondering if I should purchase a few more of the RTR diffs or hold off if they are close.
This month, it was supposed to announce and fell through the cracks during the holidays. I'll get it on the site this week.

Originally Posted by Callaway
Duo the lightweight bodies from the original laydown kit have a problem with paint peeling off the inside? I've never had that problem before, but it's peeling like crazy. I also used Spaz Stix instead of the paint I normally use, so there's two variables in there. Unless I forgot to wash the body, I'm thinking the lightweight body is the problem.
It's not the LW body, it's all the same polycarbonate from the same manufacturer. Mine ULW and LW bodies have had no issues with the paint sticking, both those painted by my painter and one-color masterpieces done by yours truly.

Originally Posted by justin _330
how did you guys mount the fin that comes with the body in the kit? i was thinking about using shoe goo. sorry if this was already talked about. tons of pages to go through herelol
/
Tuning Haus sells some ultra thin (and light) double sided tape, this did the trick for me and was fairly easy to remove when that was required also.

Originally Posted by LBR_Frank
Question for y'all experts
I have the 3.0 SR and am 20g under weight. Some am looking for smart hop ups, Aluminum bits that may help performance or chassis stiffness so I can add functional weight.
Car runs awesome right now so changing anything makes me paranoid I'll lose that driving sweetness,lol. But gotta make weight.
I'd do the aluminum servo mount/chassis braces for sure. Other than that, I'd just add ballast low where you think it will improve the balance on the car for you and your track.