R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:35 AM
WallyRC
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pistol123
I may be incorrect, but following some internet discussion I have derived a ratio between the weight of the oil (measured in cst) and the surface area of the holes. This has allowed me to look how the buggy is absorbing the bumps and think I need to try another 10% etc etc and also once the front back balance is there, I can adjust both front and rear to keep the ratio the same.

However believe that the Durango Big Bore shocks are 12.3mm compared with 12mm for AE and TLR. I think this explains why I keep looking at SE/TLR setups and think how can they run so heavily damped when they are running 1.6x2 when I am running 1.3x6!

Does anybody else have any thoughts or comparisons to this problem?
Thanks pistol,
Good points and questions. That is what I'm trying to figure out before spending the money. What PISTONS are people finding work best for them??
With larger shocks than say AE, does that mean we can go little lighter oil than their setups in comparison?? Need more homes for similar damping??
I'm indoor with big jumps. 2x1.6/1.7 or Maybe run 3x1.4 front and drill other set to 3x1.5....