R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Team Durango DEX410V5 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 03:36 PM
Alan_r
Tech Addict

Well this build has stopped.

While assembling the front driveshaft, I found one to have a serious bind in it. Basically if you tilt the driveshaft more than 5°,it binds up. I tried lightly polishing the driveshaft bushings and inner cup of the wheel axle, to no avail. It may be machined wrong. I've never seen this before. So I ordered TD310120 bushings, TD310438 77mm driveshaft,TD310112 short drive axle with 2mm pins and TD310113 bushings. The whole assembly basically. It was easier to just spend the money than deal with waiting on TD to reply, the email I've used for questions is the same as their customer service so......

Besides, I was three gold 1mm shims short anyway. I don't like using the included plastic spacers. I built the DEX210V3 using those spacers and I found that they all crush and become deformed. So now all my TD cars and trucks are using the alloy spacers. They look tricked out anyway, lol.

I also had to order new machined spur gears and Steel pinions. I was originally going to do this car up as a 13.5 car. 13.5 4wd buggy is the new hot thing in the South East. But I instead went with an Orion R10.1 and VTS2 XLW 6.5T. Obviously requiring a massive gearing change-up.

If I like how this car handles compared to my B44.3 FT and incoming B64, I'll pick up a DEX410V4 to run as my 13.5 4wd car this year.

I'll tell you all one thing, if things don't work out with Team Durango this year, come December 2017 I'll be having a fire sale of a complete TD lineup with nice little 7 bin Stanley organizers full of spare parts.