R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will 21.5 Brushless be the new stock?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 05:09 AM
niznai
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Who's watching. Mostly likely the hardcore racer. Not the casual RC owner. Or those of us that are deep in hobby, but don't race.
While I've just barely stepped in to racing. I've loosely followed it. Local and big events. It's so far removed from the rest of the hobby. I watched some of the live coverage from Las Vegas over summer. 8 days of racing 7 days of qualifying. From camera angle not a single spectator visable. Or the touring car events held in ballrooms. The crowd is made up of only other racers. You could spend a day at average hobby store asking customers to name a pro RC driver. You probably get more answering" I didn't know there were pro RC drivers". Then to get a name.
While it's great to read discussions like this. In a way threads like this turn outsiders away. I ran in 21.5 class this summer. But till this never really realized how different 21.5 motors could be. And for someone considering giving it a try. They'd be left even more confused about what to use. Instead of just buying a basic system. Also if they are lucky enuff to have a track close enuff to even give it a try.
Does it matter? If it clocks up the views on youtube, I guess not.

There are many sports where it is not the spectators that count but the TV rights.

I watch the various Euro series because they are captivating to watch.

That said, I am not sure I have seen anything made by Traxxas that I would be interested in purchasing. But I do see them present in just about any shop I visit, the world over. Kudos to them.

Can't remember any body shell they make either. I think Tamiya is a better example of dedication to making faithful replicas of real cars and in one form or another they are too present in every shop I have seen, be it plastic models or something R/C. Quality is also way above anything Traxxas and I am sure they made plenty of money from suckers like myself who just like their beautiful shells.

Last edited by niznai; 12-15-2016 at 06:08 AM.