R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will 21.5 Brushless be the new stock?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 04:14 AM
Billy Kelly
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Don't know why and how but RC Racing TV seems to be doing fine by the number of watchers in the Youtube channel. Okay, not every event is the calibre of the Euro 1/8 IC championship, but I am sure there are equally important and sizeable events in the US and elsewhere. Perhaps there is need to get the sponsors on board.
Who's watching. Mostly likely the hardcore racer. Not the casual RC owner. Or those of us that are deep in hobby, but don't race.
While I've just barely stepped in to racing. I've loosely followed it. Local and big events. It's so far removed from the rest of the hobby. I watched some of the live coverage from Las Vegas over summer. 8 days of racing 7 days of qualifying. From camera angle not a single spectator visable. Or the touring car events held in ballrooms. The crowd is made up of only other racers. You could spend a day at average hobby store asking customers to name a pro RC driver. You probably get more answering" I didn't know there were pro RC drivers". Then to get a name.
While it's great to read discussions like this. In a way threads like this turn outsiders away. I ran in 21.5 class this summer. But till this never really realized how different 21.5 motors could be. And for someone considering giving it a try. They'd be left even more confused about what to use. Instead of just buying a basic system. Also if they are lucky enuff to have a track close enuff to even give it a try.