R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec racing ....
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 08:36 PM
1/4milecrazy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
In the beginning of your rant ,opinion you hit on something . The differences between the exact same run of motors. Yes there are differences but just like you said most time it doesn't matter . If your not one of the 15 drivers up front you wouldn't be able to get the benefit of it anyways . It's more about piece of mind and confidence... I've played this game many time but just recently figured it out . Lol a 150 motor of brand X isn't any faster than the $95 twice gone thru brand X motor 26 of 27 laps... Driver has way too any flaws to make use of the extra 14w .
As for the gt tires they could be better but they are mostly warn from bad setups ... It took me a while to get them to preform without failing but we have had over 2hrs of actual race time on 2 sets of tires and only 1 of the 8 are getting soft . But I will say they do seem to last longer on our AMX cars more so then the xray cars . But that's a setup thing I'm sure .
That is part of the reason to just leave it alone. Although I have been in this hobby for 30 years, I have only been racing 3 or so. But I have never seen any spec class suffer from low turnout. So obviously it is kind of working. There are just a bunch of people complaining about it. The same people that don't run it. Maybe they would if it was "fixed". But what would they complain about then?

The tires wasn't a wear issue. The foams inside the tires just fell apart and bunched up to one side of the tire. I can get traction out of a tire, I cant make foam stay together. If they allowed or used a closed cell foam then I would run the class.