R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 12:23 PM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

yeah i was tempted to glue the outer side wall of my tires like my old carpet touring foam tire days lol. we all pretty much run clay slicks or something harder.

You guys see this info on the new steering parts:

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
It's different geometry that alters the ackermann. The best way to describe it is that it makes the steering feel smoother. It transitions better on and off power as well as beginning, middle, and end of a turn. The old geometry was pretty aggressive and once you started the turn the car could really start to come around on you. So if you had an increasing radius turn you often time would be turning too much, then counter steering to correct, then turning more to get back in line, etc. The new geometry fixes that. You can still get a lot of steering out of the car, but it is so much more usable than before. I really like the new steering setup in my SC truck, really helps calm it down.
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
Ok, you'll have to cut the sc turnbuckles down as well. 3mm per side, which is what the buggy should be as well (I updated my earlier post).
Associated appears to have the right size turnbuckle too as well as lunford, with AE being cheaper. This is assuming its 4 x 50mm turnbuckle needed.

I remember that weird steering issue on my old SCT410.1 I had on long sweepers. Maybe this would help.