R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec racing ....
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 08:59 AM
pressure
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default SPEC

Hey Phil,

Good points I don't travel for electric too much but on a club level if 20- 30 numbered hand out motors were supplied to a spec class and every week they were turned in and reissued randomly the next week I would definitely be interested in running that class. Basically a sealed spec motor. Motors would have timing preset with a motor tool ( motolyzer ect. ) by the track and collected weekly and rotated so that no racer ran the same motor every week. Batteries are a different dilemma.. maybe a max milliamp of 6500 but charging should be dictated by track rules based on safety. Add in a spec tire ..usually dictated by the track and I think that's as close to spec racing as we can get. I think this would only work on a local level and requires a strong club or donation from a manufacture 20-30 motors would not be cheap. The cost could also be absorbed by a series where each racer pays a fixed fee, a six week series say $125 if you could cover motor purchase and 2 sets of tires. I'm definitely guilty of the motor of the month ..and I actively search for any performance edge I can get. Id support a spec class if it was set up fairly.