R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 05:50 PM
scoopdreams
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nitro2be
1st thing ,CAR LOOKS GREAT.

Ive had my d413 for 2 years now and reviewed a lot of set up sheets. How did you come up with 25t pinion, 6 100 10 and 40 50 shocks?

Its winter and you should not have any airflow problems. That 25t is going to cause to much heat.

Seems your gonna run out door dirt. I do too and found 10 50 3 20t and 42.5 f and 37.5 rear is good starting point. I hope im helping, not trying to knock your set up. You might teach me something.
Hey no worries thanks for the tips! Tbh it's summer all year round in the tropics where I'm at, so heat is definitely a concern. As i've said, haven't took it to the tracks yet.

I'm just stepping one tooth up from the recommended gearing on a 6.5T, and for diff (this is the first time i'm playing with a center diff chassis, my idea was the front to have a little less bite compared to the rear (have a tendency to jump and land front first), thus 6k weight on the diff.

The shock weight is again to have a softer suspension in the front since again i tend to land front first. The rear is done slightly stiffer and lower for track grip?

There's definitely gonna be some rebuilding to be done after the first run at the tracks, haven't had the chance to even bash it at the local park yet due to rains.

Will definitely keep your setup in mind!