R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Callaway
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Frank,

Can you comment on standup vs. laydown for the average club driver on indoor clay? For carpet, the original laydown is a requisite to go fast, in my experience. But let's say as a club racer guy, when I hit the clay, am I going to have a much wider setup window with the standup layout? It seems that for stock racing, the laydown is a greater payoff than it is for mod, as carrying corner speed is critical to turning good laps. But would you think that going with the spec racer kit out of the box is going to be better for med-high to high-bite clay, or is converting an original kit to the upcoming dirt laydown better? I'm trying to get a handle on the direction I want to go with my rigs. Especially since I have to travel to hit clay, I don't have the chance to dial in my setup week after week on the same track. Do you think I'll have a higher chance of getting a decent setup with the standup, and consequently turn faster, more consistent laps? Is the ideal laydown setup for each track a much more narrow window that I am likely not to hit in one afternoon club race, therefore making the standup better for me? Or is the window about the same either way?

I hope you can see where I'm coming from and provide your insight, as I know you probably answer these types of questions around the country. Thanks as always for your great support and dedication to us, the user base of your products!