R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will 21.5 Brushless be the new stock?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 09:06 AM
jiml
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
If your already running 17.5 and feel like your doing well why would you switch to 21.5 tc ?
I'm thinking only if your struggling in 17.5 or have a error factor greater than .8 it would be a good swap.
But just joining 21.5 just because it's a new "stock" class is nuts...
But I don't see why they even made a 21.5tc class cause usgt is already underway.
So how about just boycotting the 21.5tc class and run usgt (if option applies) .
I'm not running 17.5 I began boycotting touring car when the car prices reached $400. Now they're over $500.

I run VTA with my TC4 that was my touring car back in the day. I do reasonably well and have fun when I race it. I'm not going to win, don't have the skills any more, but as long as it's fun, I'll race it.

The nearest carpet track to me is 360V2. A great track run by some of the best people in the hobby. They don't run VTA, but they do run USGT. I did get a body, and I have a 21.5 motor to use.

However, one racer, who's opinion I respect, has stated that USGT is the new stock. Not just 21.5 TC. If that's true, how can I expect to compete with brand new Awesomatix cars racing my 16 year old car? All of a sudden, the fun is gone.

Here's a question does this also mean 21.5 12th scale?