R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 02:14 PM
gigaplex
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
Yes, AND in looking at the M06 and M06 pro ...they run about $150 and $220 respectively. I looked at the manual and priced out the parts I'd need and it only comes to about $75 ...I have a ton of spare upgrades from my M05 that will all fit the M06 just fine. I think if I bought a kit i'd throw out everything but the chassis parts ...I have tons of ball bearings (I am particular about the brand I use), I'd use the big bore Tamiya shocks for the M class, Double Cardin axle joints, and I have all the TAmiya aluminum uprights. I can pick up a titanium screw set for about $30 ...So I may just put an M06 together w/o purchasing a kit. Being that I'll race this I will want to use very specific parts that aren't included in the kits.

I have a lot of reading to do here on this thread,
Quick question though, ...I race F1's and maybe I shouldn't compare the M06 to an F1, but w/ both being a rear drive ...I tend to run my F1's diff loose. Is the same for the M06? I ask because I want to know if everyone runs the stock gearing or the "ball diff" ...w/ the M05 most get the ball diff (I think its a TA03 or something like that) and you tighten the heck out of it. You kind of mimic a TC car (fixed diff in front loose in rear). Yet w/ the M06 I am a little confused here.

thanks!
The M06 is usually ran with a diff much looser than what you'd run in an M05. Also, DCJ is redundant on a RWD car, I'd just use normal universals.