R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB2 2WD Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 07:10 AM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Had the plastic for 6 months no issues with breakage or wear. Anyone actually notice a difference in performance of the aluminum
? It's expensive. What's the result?
i found the alum steering plate to be a little more consistent and precise with steering - it took away some of the soft steering feel and made it more aggressive. i think the performance is good but im just wondering if anyone thinks it's an issue for stripping servos. also if anyone thinks the plate in alum with plastic steering arms is the way to go like i do?

has anyone ever broke the plastic steering plate? I've broke the composite roll center holders and since have switched to alum. but im still not sure which steering rack parts to run.

Originally Posted by RedBMaster
So I'm running all kit '17 CE steering parts. I had the perfect amount of steering with front steering blocks down and rear shocks forward. However, in the main the track got a bit greasy and it was a bit too loose. So I'm going to put the rear shocks back and try the 0* inserts in the front C hubs. And play with adding or removing washers from the center steering rack
we were talking about the steering rack though, not the outer blocks. but thanks for your info.