R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Norse
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Posting this question on the RB6 thread as well just to improve the chances for a quicker response as it seems to have more traffic and busier than the SC6 thread.

Anyhow I have been running the SC6 since it was first released and absolutely love it. I have been running midship 4 gear in mod badically from the start. I have always used the ball diff with BFAst components. I am going to try the gear diff as I am wanting to see how it performs while requiring rebuilds do to wear less often than Ball diffs. Hoping someone can suggest a good diff oil weight to start at per use on a med bite hard packed dirt clay blend track. 80 percent dirt 20 percent clay thus again very packed and treated thus the traction is much better than the hard packed outdoor track I normally race on. Will be running 7.5, mod 4gear midship, Yok triple slipper, alum idlers and using PT diff oil in the gear diff build. My attempted drive style is less aggressive therefore I try to be very smooth on the throttle as trying to be aggressive per the throttle always tends to lead to mistakes on my part. Always more comfortable for myself driving smooth.

Any suggestions on a good weight diff oil to start at the per med bite track conditions listed above would be greatly appreciated. Track is large with long straight, huge sweeper, lots of elevation changes throughout the technical Combined with some tight off camber 180 degree turns, oh good amount jumps having a larger rythm section, and a decent sized table top as you come out of a tight 180 turn into a short straight being somewhat off camber before leveling out ight before hitting the table top.

Thanks