R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR SCTE 3.0 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Thunder Trail
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barillms
I replaced my sway bar screws with larger ones. They're way better now. To access the front screws, i reamed two holes in the front bumper. For the rear, i upgraded to the RPM rear bumper mount and it allows easier access to the rear sway bar screws.

Im running the 45mm stock rear shocks on the front with the stock front pistons. And im running 48mm 22T rear shocks on the the rear. This shock set up gives more down travel and feels really good.
I just wanted to say, that has got to be the most custom shock set up I have ever heard of. At the same time its the most odd ball setup. Is this working for you racing? Faster lap times? Less crashes because it soaks up 1/8 scale track jumps and pot holes?

I think it would traction roll on the tracks I race on with so much uptravel unloading in corners. Even so, I know if you put in the effort you can make just about anything work.

Personally, I have found the 2.0 springs on the 22 style shocks to be the best option currently available. Lap times are down and my long term highly developed 2.0 truck has met it's match.

However, I'm sure there is a little more on the table if I installed the shocks and rear tower from the 3.0 truck to my 2.0 rig. I may do just that in the future to see if the shocks along with the already installed 3.0 front suspension can make the truck worthy of turning the same or faster lap times. My 2.0 truck is lighter by 25g, so they are about the same. I believe if your 2.0 is in good shape, the front suspension off the 3.0 can get you close without buying the new truck. I like them both for different reasons. After so much time and effort on the 2.0 it will continue getting track time and offer backup service if needed.