R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 09:24 AM
kdub
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Eli
It appears that they are not in between the ae standard and +1 akerman plates but more like a +2 as it shifted the hole even further over towards the rack. I had suspected there was a difference when I took the aluminum ae +1 plates off to put the carbon Schelle +1 plates on because you know it's carbon and looks cool and after installing them I noticed my toe was toed in some. That was about a week ago and chatter in the pits had brought that up and today as I was prepping my car I removed them and compared all 3 sets I have (ae standard, ae +1 and Schelle +1) by sliding the screws through the holes to align them up on top of each other is when it became clear there was a difference. As I am typing this I realized I have some of the standard Schelle akerman arms but did not compare those but I imagine they're the same as the ae standard akerman but will look tomorrow.

I suppose these could add to the tuning options out there and in no way am I trying to say anything bad about them I imagine they have their advantages.
I developed the type 1 steering arms separately from Associated, so the Schelle parts are not a duplicate of the Associated +1. The intent of both parts is the same, to give more Ackermann and help the front end corner faster.

Sorry if there is any confusion in the naming strategy, at the time we didn't know the AE parts were coming or what their name was. If I can get my hands on some AE +1 I will test them and let everyone know if there is much difference on the track.

The Schelle std B6 carbon steering arms are an exact duplicate of the kit parts. Hope this helps.